Feels Like Today


This is ridiculous but I think we actually made it on budget this month. We didn't overspend. And we went on vacation. Which makes me think... what have we been blowing our money on these past few months? I need to buy a new computer. I think that's what's making me spend less. I have not walked through the clothes section at Target. I think it's the looming $2,000 computer purchase that's subconsciously stopping me. Also, I'm very happy with the clothes I have right now. So that makes it easier too I suppose.

I'm trying to blog once a month. In 2014 I blogged 46 times. With two kids and working 20+ hours a week. I don't know how I did it. I'm really proud to have been blogging for this long. I remember when I started, looking at other blogs with giant archives and being jealous (what a silly thing to be jealous of) but now here I am. I really love my old blog posts. Some are dumb and not worth reading. But some I really love. I love knowing how I used to feel and remembering what I went through. Go back and read'em if you want. This one (back when I only had one kid!). This one called Mo' Money Mo' Problems. Classic. we. were. so. broke. This one while we waited for Sweet Lou to be born. And don't forget about my Justin Bieber shirt! (Still wish I had that).


I make zero dollars with my blog. I think you have to have Google Adwords in order to get ads on your blog. I tried a couple years ago and I think I had too many photos/not enough text to qualify or something. I don't know. I gave up. And who really wants to see more ads anyways. So by clicking through my blog, I don't get anything. Except for the confusion and enjoyment of seeing my view count fluctuate. Why some of my posts get a ton of views and some don't is beyond me. Thank you Facebook algorithms. Not. Also, if anyone knows how to add a subscribe button on blogger and you are still reading this hit me up!

Anyways... I feel a little shallow for celebrating our low spending this month knowing it was the shortest month of the year. It's hard for me to not wish March away already. I do have a couple things to look forward too. March Madness is really a highlight of my year. Every year since college Micah and I go to Applebees to fill out our brackets. It really is one of my all-time favorite traditions. It started when we were at BSU and wanted to go somewhere to watch the games between classes. So we went to Applebees. Ever since then we go and fill out our brackets and watch the play-in games. It is actually more special to me than our anniversary. Well for one, we've been filling out brackets together longer than we've been married so there's that. But there's something about doing something together that makes it more fun. And on your anniversary it's not like you get to wear the dress and have a wedding again. If we did, then, of course, the anniversary would be more fun. But until then, I'll take March Madness.

we love magnatiles

Comments