Cooking with Littles

Ok, cooking with kids is hard.

Sometimes I like to share my cooking experiments. But that is one meal. On one day. And it's usually a Saturday when my husband is watching the kids. Other than that, mealtime is often survival/crunch time. Because when Asa wakes up from his morning nap, he wants lunch on the table, now! So usually everything that I make has to take 15 minutes or less, 20 tops.

We've been doing a lot of breakfast for lunch/dinner meals lately. Scrambled Eggs, french toast, and pancakes, there's three meals right there. Plus they have one of the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup! Other than that we eat frozen pizza, mac and cheese, hot dogs, and pb & j once a week (at least). It's not always pretty but it's how I survive.

Here's some quick meal ideas:
Pancakes
French Toast
Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Frozen Pizza
Hot Dogs
Mac & Cheese
Scrambled Eggs
Deli Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese
Chicken Nuggets
Tortellini with Red Sauce
Fried Egg Sandwiches
Crackers, Cheese, Apple Slices

Sides:
Carrots
Toast
Bagels
Yogurt
Steamed Broccoli
Steamed Carrots
Fries
Apples
Bananas
Strawberrys
Raspberries
Blueberries
Grapes
Cheese slices
Chips


My lunch


Those are cheetos. Don't judge.


Comments

  1. My child acts like most foods are poison. He refuses to even touch them. He is two and a half and I could list right now, off the top of my head, the foods he has yet to put into his mouth since birth. The list of foods he will eat is so short and getting shorter as time goes on. Even foods that all kids like such as pizza, mac and cheese, or hotdogs, he has never even put into his mouth before. He shudders and screams and cries at the suggestion of trying such poisons. I love the part, "Plus they have one of the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup!" LoL .. Jax would live off of cupcakes and lollipops if he could. I love seeing Asa eating Cheetos. Makes me feel a lot less guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about pancakes? Does he eat pancakes covered in syrup? Poor you!

      Delete
  2. I'd say you have a good variety!!! My boys alternate between three things for breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, or bagel/cream cheese and yogurt. And fruit, if I have it :)

    As for lunch: they get either ham, cheese and pickle or pb&j sandwiches. Unless I run out of bread (which never happens, of course). Then, it's their favorite kind of lunch! A "special" lunch. Whatever crackers are in the pantry, fruit, raisins, cheese, and whatever other random things I find. I think they like it the best because they get those Milk Straw things with the little chocolate beads in them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment