Flood Waters

I've been dying to blog. Lots of good things I wanna say and talk about. But now... I can't remember any of them.

It feels like the end of the week over here. No school for the rest of the week and Monday will be nice. Asa turned four this week. I worked my butt off on his birthday. Cleaning, dishes, cupcakes, decorating, dishes, more cupcakes, wrapping presents. It made me thankful that I'm home. Thankful that I have time to do that for him. We had a little get together with a few friends, the place was looking as close to spotless as it's been in awhile and I was pretty proud of myself. But... unfortunately, at the end of the day, I realized maybe my priorities were a bit off. I shouldn't have been working/cleaning so hard. In my mind, I had so many things I wanted to get done for Asa. So he could have a nice birthday. But as I was putting him to bed, I couldn't help but feel like dirt. Did I play with him today? I was too busy. Ugh, I'm so stupid sometimes. Glad there's always tomorrow to try again.



My entryway (which I am soooo thankful to have) is a hot mess. A giant clash of spring and winter all strung out everywhere. Do people not know how to hang up coats?! Oh shoot, there's mine on the floor.



Josh Garrels - Love & War & The Sea In Between is the bomb. It's on now.

Oh yeah, that's something I wanted to tell you. I had strep throat last week! Of course, right? WHEN WILL IT END!? But thankfully after having the stomach flu, the regular flu, and a sinus infection, strep throat really wasn't so bad at all. I even went skiing the next day (I wasn't contagious anymore). I felt like a true Hendrickson, skiing with strep throat. I know it sounds ridiculous but my brother in law once went camping in the Boundary waters with phenomena. It's awful but every time I think about it I bust out laughing. Ugh, that sounds so miserable.

Ok, to be fair, he didn't know he had phenomena when he left but still.

I couldn't believe everyone commenting on my coat dilemma. Like, people I haven't heard from in years. I'm like how have you not blocked me from your newsfeed after all this time? The people taking time out of their day to comment, I was touched. I brought my mom back to Benders the next day to look at the coat. She tried them both on and couldn't decide either. Until... I showed her, about a 5-inch rip inside my black coat. She wore it and didn't even notice, not sure why it should be a big deal. But, she convinced me that my coat was indeed on its last leg. So after more thought, I decided to go with the wild card. And order this coat. Wahpow!

Although purple is my favorite color, black is just classic. I want a black coat. I don't know if I've ever worn black and been unhappy about it. And oh snap, I ordered it last night and it was $89.99, now it's up to $150. That was lucky!







Comments