Stranger Things




Hi. You may not remember me but I used to blog here. See for the past month my family and I have been stuck in the Upside Down. Its a lot like my home except its dark, everybody's sick all the time and I can barely breathe.


Thankfully, sooo thankfully, currently I can breathe again. So that is some good news. I was sick for a week and a half with the flu, then thought I was better but was still taking 6-8 ibuprofen a day because my face hurt so bad. So I guess that doesn't really count as better. Then got hit with all the sinus problems again and turns out it was a sinus infection as well. Micah was at a men's retreat when I went down. I was home alone with the kids, miserable on the couch. And I couldn't bring myself to call him after he'd already been taking care of me/us for the past two weeks. (No photos will be posted of me at my worst. If you're here for that, move on. ;)

Antibiotics and a whole slew of homeopathic remedies got my feeling so much better. My friend, Jessica Melhus is a genius.



But now my kids are down, again. Slowly but surely, one right after the other, again. Someday they will wake up healthy. Someday. Someday right!? That's what I keep telling myself. "You can do this. We will get through this". Literally, that's what's been going through my head. This has been one of the hardest months I can remember. If I have to send one more stupid email "Lincoln Hendrickson is home sick today" I may lose my mind. Or ya know, I may not. It really is sure getting to be the norm around here.



Another thing that is worth remembering is how MEAN Asa is when he's sick. Oh my word. He is just the worst. Lincoln coming up to him with a new lego ship "Asa look at this new ship I made" "Don't talk to me Lincoln!" Wow. And he's being so disobedient and I feel like I'm at a loss. I try to tell him he still has to obey and still has to be nice even though he's sick, but how can I back that up? I can't punish a boy with an 103 fever.



Everything has become "when we're better we'll take care of that. When we're better we'll crack down on that". I just hope we're not doing any irreversible damage. So much tv watching. Bah.

Anyways I'm really hoping that blogging about my problems will make them go away. Please God, make them go away.
Baby girl waking up from her nap like this. : (






Comments