The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

So here's what happened in my home today.

The kids are watching Beauty and the Beast. Micah is sitting at his computer, casually watching. I am painting in the hallway. Micah asks me if I want help. I tell him no.

After a few minutes, I see my husband, sitting there, doing nothing and I start to think ya know, maybe that was rude of me. Why should I turn down help? So I say "honey, I could use some help painting" so he comes and starts to help me.

Well then I see what part of the movie it's at and it's where Belle's Dad is in the bar and LeFou is starting to realize that Gaston isn't such a good guy and they're threatening to throw Maurice into the insane asylum. So then I say "honey, you've never seen this, you should be watching this part!" He looks at me. Looks at his paint brush and says "no I'm fine. I want to help you. We can rent it another time". And I think rent it another time?! That's ridiculous. "No honey, I mean it. You should go watch the movie!" After a bit more arguing, he ends up right back where he started, watching the movie. Only now he's frustrated, angry, and has missed the last ten minutes.

Way to go me.

That pretty much sums up 90% of my day. Sometimes I get in such a funk. I know I'm being ridiculous but I can just see no way out. I'm a woman. So, of course, it wasn't just one thing that set me off. There have been a whole conglomeration of things, small things, over the past few days that lead up to this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

And whats worse is that this was after my husband has been gone for several days. Good grief I'm like a child! Who punishes his parents after being gone for a day. Repercussion day. That's what my friend calls it. I've now just realized it. That's what I was doing. I am a quality time person. And if I don't get it, I will make your life MISERABLE when you get home!

Ok, I'm technically joking about that last line. But most jokes have a smidgen of truth. And that truth hurts.

Anyways, I've been meaning to get back on my blog. And turns out this bad day was just the push I needed. So many things I would have loved to tell you about and loved to share but in July I spend all my time working on my catalog. This week it's being proofed. So I have some extra time to, ya know, be a grump to my family and share my thoughts and feelings to you.


Sorry honey.

Comments

  1. I always love your posts. They are raw and honest with a splash of wit and humor. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment