Where we're at



So I suppose I should probably update you on our house situation but honestly, I've been too scared. I know that sounds ridiculous but that's where I've been this past week.

I told my husband how I felt and he said I sound like a Babylon Bee story or something.

"Christian woman afraid to post praise on Facebook. Worried it will jinx God's blessing. "I know God is all powerful and everything. But I just know the second I post something things will go wrong" - Kristina Hendrickson said."

This is why I know I can't trust my feelings. Because even when I read and hear how crazy that sounds, it's still how I feel.

Last Tuesday we got our first offer on our house. So after an emotional ride of highs and lows for the next few days, we landed on an offer that makes our new house obtainable. So we should be screaming, jumping up and down. But I have just been nervous about it. Is this really going to work out? Something bad's going to happen, I just know it. Those were my thoughts.

After an accepted offer our first major hurdle was our home inspection. We waited a day to hear the results. I was sooo trying to trust God. I knew it was out of my hands. But I'm the kind of person that can get really disappointed when things don't go the way I've planned, so I was planning for disaster. Surely the inspector would find something catastrophic hiding somewhere and this would all fall apart.

But that wasn't the case. He found nothing major. Sure, a few minor things here and there, but this is an older house, and that is to be expected.

This has been such a crazy ride. Micah and I haven't been this motivated to do something so major in, I don't know if ever. We have been working our butts off keeping this place clean, spotless, and with a plate of freshly baked cookies sitting on the counter for the thirteen showings plus open house we've had in the past week and a half. It has been intense.

We went home to my parent's house for Easter weekend and I just felt like we were arriving back to civilization after being in the wilderness or something. Just that exhausted, oh I can finally relax now feeling. I'm sure lots of you have sold houses before and what not, but I haven't. This is all so new to me. This is something that I read or hear about someone else doing. Not me. But I'm telling you, it seems that God has been working out every little detail. He is providing and guiding. And it makes me really nervous to claim that. Because I know that he is still providing and guiding even when things go wrong. He is still good when bad things happen. Even though that blows my mind.

Comments