Catch Up

My husband thinks that I have unrealistic expectations of how happy I will be now that he's done with his master's degree. But I don't think so. I really do think all my problems will be solved and my life will be complete. I don't think that's too much of a stretch. Just being honest.

Anyways, reality is still here. I am still a mom. I still have too much to do. But I'm working on that. I don't want to be busy. I don't want to get satisfaction out of running myself ragged. That's not right. What kind of twisted lie is that? I'm so beginning to realize how "having it all" is such a lie. I do not want it all. I am done with it all.

So what's keeping us busy these days? Weddings. Wedding are everywhere. Three out of my four bridesmaids are getting married this year. And you know I love weddings.. but everybody at once!? Come on guys, couldn't you have like put your lives on hold for my convenience and enjoyment? Apparently not. (please realize I'm totally kidding). My sister's wedding is first and it's only 9 weeks away. Tick tock.

Work. I'm still doing that. Although I'm for real going to stop. (I suppose that deserves an explanation) Juggling everything plus a job isn't easy. And I'm realizing, it is not worth it. I need to get my thoughts together sometime and explain. It's taken me a long time (5 years) to finally feel this way. But I'm hoping by the end of the year to be like 95% done. I need to focus on my family. I need to enjoy my family.

More honesty. This weekend my kids got to me. I love them so much but they got to me. Ok, to be more accurate, their WHINING got to me. And I was harsh with them. Harsher than I want to be. And I'm sitting here hoping to do better tomorrow. When they're whining, it's my job to correct them. Not let them go on until I snap. It may seem easier to ignore them but it's not. Not in the long run. Anyways, here's to waking up tomorrow and nipping that in the bud. Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

Ah yes, and one more thing. Now that my husband's not hogging his computer maybe I can get more of my thoughts and feelings out into the world. We shall see about that.


Also, I should mention... somehow I've had time to make NINE apple pies this fall. Nine. And it's not that I like apple pie, I like THIS apple pie. I've never liked apple pie until one of my friends gave me this one. I should post the recipe. It's amazing. And so easy. And it tastes even better when the kids are in bed.

Lincolns nicest picture of the year.

Those toes.

And now I want pie.

Comments