Hello.

Hello.

It's me.

And I've been listening to Adele's new song on repeat.

This past week has been a busy one, and I'm glad it's over. Halloween is my least favorite "holiday". I think I'm mostly just scarred from all the horrific drunk halloween photos that have haunted my newsfeed every Nov. 1st (I'm not hating if that's what you're into, just keep it off fb people). But this year wasn't so bad. And as the years have gone by, something magical has started to happen. Slowly, those drunk, slutty facebook photos have turned into all these cute baby/kid photos. And you know, growing up really isn't so bad.

I'm realizing that right now we are in a stage where I need to say no to some things. No for my husband. He can't be involved in everything right now. He does so much for us, for his job, for his degree, and he can't do everything. I'm really hoping I can do more without him. I see other moms doing it. Surely I can too. But honestly, this masters degree of his is kicking my butt and I feel like such a joke saying so.

It's funny how similar this degree and my pregnancy really are. It's so hard to watch all the extra work he does and there's nothing I can do but be supportive. I feel a little guilty for encouraging him to do this, I maybe even wanted it more than he did. But we know this is what's best for our family and we both want this. We'll be so much better in the long run. Am I talking about this baby or his degree? You wouldn't know. Although, the boat I'm in is only going to take 9 months, where he's in it for 16. So, am I saying that perhaps it is easier to have a baby then get your master's degree? Maybe.

Well, it's officially another month. And I'm super glad about this daylights savings thing. I am so tired of it being so dark and gloomy in the mornings, hopefully this will help things. Plus I'm ready to face whatever disaster this leaves my kids and their sleeping habits in. Let's just get this battle over with. (Picture that "brace yourselves" Lord of the Rings meme) I've been dreading this for the past couple weeks I'm just ready to get the grumpy, crabby, sleep deprivedness over with.

Goals for this month would be to slow down. Not get over involved in anything and take care of my people here at home. Maybe limit my kids tv time to under three hours a day... well, that will have to start after I finish my magazine.

Hopefully I have time to follow through on our cash budget this month. Now, I know what you're thinking "but wait Kristina, don't you usually do a cash budget every month?" And that's where I'd lose you. See, I have hopes to do a cash budget every month, but to be honest, I haven't really done it successfully since we went to Florida last February. I know. I have let you down. And I am ashamed. But hopefully confessing to you like this will help me follow through this month. I can do this. I can do this. Bring that cash to the grocery store.

Photos of the month.

See Mom, I just washed them off. 

The remnants of this mud puddle is the best thing to happen to our yard.

Mud!


These two, hard at work.




Probably our last campfire of the year. 



Micah finished a class last week (before starting another this week) so we made a cake in celebration. I had some helpers.

Cake.

Comments