My Old Friend

Where do you pick up with an old friend? Right where you left off. 

I wish I had happy, encouraging, beautiful words for you but I don't. I've got some complaining, some venting, some poor me type of words. But nobody wants to hear that or remember it really.

So I'll do my best to look back on this summer with happy thoughts. But first I feel like I have some apologizing to do. In the summers I basically become nonexistent. Work takes over my life. I am not a good friend in the summer and I'm sorry. I wish thinking about a person counted for something. But it doesn't. And all those texts or phone calls that I've thought about making are useless. "It's the thought that counts" really doesn't count unless you make the effort and do something.

So there's that. Moving on, our family has taken on some new things this summer. Micah started his master's degree, which we will be enjoying for the next 14 months or so (that's my positive spin). Ok, it's been hard, and it's only going to get harder when he goes back to work. We've basically spent this summer on shift mode. You work the mornings, I'll watch the kids, I'll work while you guys play legos, etc. Teamwork, communication and understanding have been key. 

Another new thing we decided to take on.. was baby #3. Ok, more like God decided we should take on baby #3. Because this baby was unplanned and unexpected. But I mean, why not? (this is where I will try my hardest not to complain) But the past two months have sucked!!!! 

Ok, I didn't handle that well. But that's the truth. I've spent the majority of the past two months on the couch sick. Commuting from my computer to the couch to the garbage can. Micah has been doing everything. Everything. He's up getting the boys breakfast while I sleep in and he brings me breakfast. He's been unbelievable and all I can do for him is sit and cook this baby. As much as I am thrilled and excited to have another baby, it's hard to feel that way when all you feel is terrible. 

At 15 weeks now I am slowly turning back into myself and that's a good thing for everybody. I even got to paint my toe nails this week. Which just goes to show you how out of it I have been. This was the first time I had painted them this summer. My toes never go to a July 4th parade unpainted. Never! But sadly I was just glad to have made it anywhere this July. 

So here's to getting back at it. Let's get out of this funk and back to life.



This fool.

He's been asking to go to "the little red house" all summer. And yesterday, we made it.

I did have some company on the couch sometimes.


These poor boys have watched waaaaay to much tv this summer.











Comments