What's Cooking

I tried some new recipes this week. I loved the lasagna. It's super easy, lots of vegetables and both boys ate it. Bonus. It was a little weird to put carrots (and corn!) in lasagna, but we really didn't even notice them and I loved it! I gave Micah the leftovers for his lunch, so I'm desperate to make this again.


The recipe

My messy plate version
Success

If you make this: I'd make a little extra. I used a can of corn instead of frozen, and one cup is half the can, so.. what am I supposed to do with the other half? It also left a small amount of Ricotta cheese leftover in the container, but not enough to do anything with. Next time I'm going to just add a little extra of everything and see how it turns out.

I also made this dessert. It was great. Not as easy as the instructions made it seem to be, but still fairly simple. I'm not the biggest fan of blueberries plus they weren't on sale so I only used raspberries and strawberries. So my version wasn't as pretty. But still good.








If you make this: unless you're making it for an event/guests or you plan on eating the whole thing in one sitting (which wouldn't be completely out of the question) don't put berries on the whole thing. Only the part you're going to eat. Otherwise when you put it back in the freezer to eat late at night after the boys are in bed the berries will be frozen, and not as good as fresh. Save them in a bowl separate to add as needed. You have been warned. Also, we think it'd be better with just a store bought graham cracker crust. It would make the whole recipe a lot easier and faster. The inside of it is soooo good. So we're gunna try the whole thing in a graham cracker pie crust next time.

Enjoy.

Comments