Let's Stay Home Tonight

We started a free week of Hulu Plus and are watching season one of Survivor. It isn't the most interesting thing in the world, but as such huge fans, we feel it's our duty to get some history and watch the original season. I wonder if we can make it through it in a week. 

In other news, we've seen the sun four times this month. Today was one of them, which was great, but it can be deceiving. As none of us went to church with coats on. Yeah, it was four degrees. Parenting fail. I will admit Florida is starting to look soo good. I promised myself that I wouldn't start on a vacation kick again, but I'm feeling it. To all my friends in Florida right now you are now hidden from my newsfeed. Ok, I'm kidding. I read something recently that said "sometimes the greatest adventures happen when you stay home". And that's what I'm going with for now. 

Home actually has been wonderful lately. I am so thankful Micah is a teacher and I am loving having him home for two weeks. We took most of the evening to clean the house tonight. I feel like sometimes I am not the cleanest person, I mean who has time for that. Dishes, laundry and keeping the boys happy is a hard balance. But we got a ton done tonight and it's so nice to know that there isn't that much dirt for my little explorer baby to find anymore. And Asa is a little explorer. He can scooch, roll, and army crawl most anywhere now. It is so cute. 

After being away from home for most of last week the boys have been great. They've been napping, sleeping, pooping, playing. All I could ask for. 


Somehow I see my sister in his eyes.

I know I already posted a picture of my fav Christmas present.
But I just love these beauties. 

New shirt from Auntie Hannah




Trying a little scrambled eggs



One last thing I wanted to mention. In church today we sang this song. And it kicked my butt. -And by that I mean, it really spoke to me. That's why I go to church right there. 

This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That you would take my place
That you would bear my cross
You lay down your life
That I would be set free
Jesus, I sing for
All that you've done for me





Comments

  1. Gosh I love reading your blog!! Almost makes me want to start mine again..... almost.....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go to church again? Great song - and I so appreciate a glimpse into home life. Enjoy the time with all your boys *and the clean house - score!* - am lifting you up and looking forward to a time we can chat basketball stories (what I remember from that time in my life anyway!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go to Grace Bible Chapel - I think you know where that is. ; )

      Delete

Post a Comment