Party Planning Committee

We survived another first birthday. Yay! Glad to have that over with, I was really looking forward to it, but it is nice to have that done. I love having a bunch of family over, but I still have to remind my husband to help me not freak out. Sometimes even the good and fun things are stressful.

Someday, when I quit my job, I'll make personalized everything. And you'll be blown away. I could make a style guide for every birthday. Tie the balloons just so... But today (or yesterday) was not that day. But who knew, we still had a good time. Anyways, enough rambling. Here are some of the things we did do. 

We Ate: 
Korean Beef and Rice. I found the recipe in this magazine. It's one of my favorites. 


I was pretty nervous to make this. Believe it or not, my Dad is a picky eater (sorry Dad). And I was pretty nervous to make something that wasn't one of my mom or mother-in-laws already tried and true recipes. But Micah convinced me "it's your house, you can make whatever you want". So I did. And I loved it. However.. I forgot to take photos.

I'm super into steaming vegetables right now and I found this handy dandy chart with all the answers. It's also where I got the idea for steamed carrots seasoned with honey, ginger and cinnamon. It was a great side to go along with the beef and rice. 

We also made these beauties. For a second I thought I should take more photos of them or like post directions or something. But there's no need when Ree Drummond already done it for you, am I right?



Here's the rest of what we did in pictures. Enjoy.

My boys.

Our family.


All eyes on Asa.

Some of the fabulous decor. Recycled from Lincolns first birthday party. Thanks Target.

Am I really a year old already?

Our marshmallow pops.








Out for a walk.


Cousin pileup. 


Comments