Dream Job

Just saw a job posting that made me question everything I'm doing right now.

Full time graphic design position, super fun team to work with, awesome website that would make a novice drool. It looks so challenging and exciting. Could I even get a job like that? I don't know. Minimum of 2 to 6 weeks of travel required.. uh if only.

I meet basically every requirement, 5+ years experience (yeah, i've got that now). "People love working with you because you’re super smart and talented, but you’re also humble and genuinely nice." Uh, again that's totally me. 

Anyways, I'm interrupted in my thoughts by a pantsless boy asking me if I've finished my imaginary smoothy. To which I answer "yes, it was delicious" and then I think about one of my biggest struggles in life. Being content and happy with the moment I'm in right now. 

I'm desiring good things. But if I had that job, that life, would I be daydreaming about being a mom to the cutest little boys in the world? And who knows, maybe someday that day will come. Maybe I will have a job where I can travel and be creative and challenge myself. (I'm not saying being a mom isn't a challenge, believe me it is) I just worry that my skills will get outdated, terms will change, formats will be different and I'll be a 40 year old getting passed up for jobs by the young creatives. 

This isn't something I've been thinking a lot about, quite the opposite actually. But again, that job listing just brought it all back. In the meantime I've got an atrocious kitchen to clean and boys to dress. I'm gunna go have a coke.

Be happy where I am. Be happy where I am.

Comments