The End

Well, they say all bad things must come to an end. And thank goodness it looks like we're on the end of this sickness/anti-sleeping battle. Lincoln and I both have very red upper lips from blowing our noses so much but it's just the hard fought battle wounds of a vicious cold. I'm happy to say we've won.

This may sound crazy, but i wish i was driving to Iowa right now. My grandpa died last week and his funeral is on monday and i'm not going. The list of reasons to go is huge. I would love to see relatives that I haven't seen in 15 years, I've changed a lot since 8th grade. But we were still sick yesterday when we needed to decide. And sometimes you just can't do everything you want.

I don't really remember much about my grandpa. Cribbage, old farmer boots, body odor, silver popcorn bowls, the Price is Right, swedish pancakes, canned meat... That's about all I've got on him. I'm sure age played a big part in why we weren't close. He was 97, so that puts him at 70 when I was born. And that's pretty old to be chasing around grandkids.

Honestly, that's one of the reasons we decided to have kids when we did. So that our parents could enjoy them and so our kids could have grandparents. It wasn't the only reason we wanted to have kids, but one of them. My two boys have probably already had like one hundred more grandparent experiences then I did. And that makes me happy. I am so thankful for our parents.

One of the blessings I mentioned the other day is that, my parents are taking us to Florida. I know, I hope you were sitting down when you read that. Amazing. Dream come true. Yes, all of those things. I haven't been anywhere since before Lincoln was born (have I mentioned that before) and cabin fever really set in last winter, this winter has been bearable. But the deplorable condition that I must have displayed for my parents to take such a drastic action as to fly us to Florida.. it must have been pretty bad. Sorry mom and dad. I didn't mean to appear so pathetic, but hey, I'll take it!

Super excited about that. And I'm also feeling so encouraged after spending the evening with a house full of great friends. Our friends superbowl party is one of our favorite things to go to. I am so thankful for great christian friends to get together with, talk about life and challenge each other.

In other news, Happy birthday to my dad and the coolest brazilian I know.


I'm a visual person, so sometimes decisions need to be made like this. 









Comments