Look at us go

Here we are. Look at us go. I still can’t believe we’re really here. We had a mostly uneventful trip down here. It was stressful, I’m not gunna lie. Going through airport security with two kids and strollers is no easy task but we made it through. I forgot about like ten different random “liquids or gels” types of things like baby food, teething gel, and my whole bottle of water in my bag as it went through the xray machine. But they TSA were pretty understanding with a baby in my arms. 

We’re staying at my Grandmom’s place. Which coincidentally she doesn’t stay at. I guess the easiest way to explain it is that she lives with her boyfriend about an hour away. It’s a little strange but no one really talks about it, and I have no idea exactly what sort of relationship they have, and that’s just fine with me. It’s a pretty nice little retirement community where all the houses look almost the same, the mailboxes have the residents home states listed underneath and there’s a golf course spread through out the community (which of course means there’s a golf cart lane on the all the streets). 

Being so close to Orlando we feel a little bit of pressure to do the touristy things. Disney, Universal, Sea World. But we’ve mostly just been taking it easy and have just been thankful to be down here. We did attempt to go to Sea World… We quickly feed the boys breakfast, packed everybody up in the car, and whisked out into the busy traffic. Stopping, going, turning, puking. I was in the middle of putting on my makeup when Lincoln lost his breakfast. Oh well, I do soooo want to see those giant whales. But I guess Lincs did save us like $300 bucks if we don’t go. Anyways, we’ve done this drill before. So Micah quickly pulled over, I chucked my mascara brush and we went into clean up mode. 

But.. the good thing about all of this is, we’re on vacation. And plan B turned out pretty good. An afternoon of play doe and bubbles with Grandma and Grandpa for the boys and exploring a State park and shopping for Micah and I. 


And now here I am, the boys are napping and I’m sitting in the sun. Oh how I love you sunshine. 




Also should mention, we've had no internet or smartphones all week with the exception of the free wifi at mcdonalds and chick-fil-a. Uploading photos is taking forever, so we'll have to do that later. Sorry.

Comments