Happy Blog Birthday

Well it's a new year and that means it's been a year since we started blogging. Yahoo!

I can't believe it's been a whole year already. Well, since it's a new year I thought I'd change some things up over here. Hopefully that large photo isn't too obnoxious. I've been doing some research on other blogs and what other people do and it's been fun. I'm now following several other mommy type bloggers like this one and this one based out of NYC. Yes, I plan on reading it and pretending that I live in New York City.

Anyways, I don't live in New York and I guess I'm ok with that, for now. Our big news of the year was a new baby and a new basement. We are enjoying both. Although, January 10th was when our basement flooded, and the closer and closer that date gets I just have this feeling like something will go wrong. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. It's just that coming home to all that water was so unexpected it's now left me expecting the unexpected.. which I'm finding, is actually impossible.

This past year, I'm happy to say, we really kicked up our work ethic. Our basement disaster really put us in gear. Not like we were exactly lazy before but with every year, more kids and more responsibilities we think... "what did we use to do with all our free time?" This year we really started taking being homeowners seriously. The first year we were still in apartment renting la la land mode. But owning your own home is a lot of work. If you don't take care of your gutters, they'll get yucky and break. And it's all your fault, no number to call to get it fixed for free. So I'm happy to say that we're really doing this and really working hard around here. Although honestly, it sure doesn't feel like it when my parents come over and everything is a mess. But my kids are still alive people!

This week has been grand with Micah home from work. Although I think we are secretly both getting ready to get back in the swing of things. We have the last of our Holiday parties tonight and then it's back to the real world.

Here's some photos of our week.



Probably the funest ten minutes of his life




Well we're not related.


Oh yeah, this picture is of note because we both got haircuts on the same day. What are the chances!?

Only the finest leftovers in this house!

Comments