Christmas Recap

Whew what a week it has been. I can not say how thankful I am to be home. With family coming in from South Carolina and Wisconsin we adjusted our schedules so we could all be at my parents at the same time, which made for one long week.

It was a blast, a whirlwind, and a small emotional rollercoaster for me.

We did our little family Christmas on Sunday morning before heading to my parents. It was so much fun. And almost everything I had hoped for. If I would have gotten a little more sleep it would have been perfect. But a prayer to adjust my attitude went a long way. (this has been a common occurrence as of late) I can't decide, should I be concerned about my chronic bad attitude, or is it a good thing, because it's got me praying more? I'm choosing the latter.




Micah and I only bought each other stocking gifts this year. Love the simplicity. 








Seeing Lincoln open his Heatwave transformer was just awesome. Giving this guy presents is just addicting! "I like it! I like it, mom!" Seeing him happy is just so fun. He's been talking about this present for like the past two months. Every night before we went to bed he'd say "ooohh mom, maybe after later we go buy that Heatwave?"


Cousin time


Very thankful for some cousin time with these girls so we could sneak off and see the Hobbit with my family. Trying to see a two and a half hour movie with a still nursing baby is no small task. But with some planning and generous relatives to watch the boys we made it work. Sometimes trying to do things is just so much work it's not even worth it. Bless you, everyone who watches my children. I love you. 

Salscheider Christmas


Asa's first Christmas

Between Christmases we had to jet over to Duluth for Asa's checkup. I wouldn't have planned it that way, but our Dr is only in Duluth once a month, so we had to take what we could get. No changes with this little guy is good news. 

Next up is the Hendrickson Christmas. All this back and forth meant spending every other night at my and Micah's parents. Packing and repacking, never sleeping in the same bed two nights in a row. I blame it on being hard on the boys, but it's hard on me too. All things to remember for next Christmas. Don't over book.

Ready for the Christmas Eve service






It ended up being such a late night. Got this kid to bed at 11:30.



We were planning on staying with family as long as we could stand it. And Christmas night was as far as we could make it. I am so thankful for my husband for taking us home. Too much of a good thing, is not a good thing. 


Happy feet at home

I am so happy at home. Being a wife and mom really isn't so bad. And my boys are happiest at home. They can entertain themselves here. I don't have to think here, I can just be. Cooking in my own house is just so relaxing. Here's what I've got in the oven right now.



If I really get ambitious I might make this tonight, maybe even paint my nails and maybe even record a few more memories. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!





Comments