Blessed.

Oh and speaking of babysitting. We have some friends expecting a baby. And I may have volunteered to watch their three-year old while they were in the hospital. I mean, why not? Lincoln and Jachin get a long so good. And people watch my kids all the time, how hard can it be? 

Well watching two three-year olds is exhausting. I almost died. Ok, not really. But trying to get two excited boys to nap and sleep together in the same bedroom was an experience. What they talked about into the late hours of the night is beyond me. Going into their bedroom every five minutes telling them to be quite and Lincoln says to me "yeah, mom, we might talk again." -Thanks for the warning buddy. 

I don't mean to be over dramatic, but after that precious little baby was born and Jachin went home, I felt like I had just finished a marathon. "I can't believe I did this. I made it. I survived. Is it really over?" Those were the thoughts going through my head. The feelings you have when you've just accomplished something great. I kept three kids alive for three days. A babysitting marathon. 

I'm thankful to have been able to watch him though. The Lord has really been working on me to get out of my comfort zone to help others. Not just when it's convenient or something I like to doing. Ironically enough, we just watched the Friends episode where Joey and Phoebe are trying to do a selfless good deed. And it's true, there really isn't one. Because even though it was tough, I was so blessed to have watched him. It was so neat to see Lincoln and Jachin interact and see Lincoln's little leadership skills start to grow. And see the Lord help me through something I thought was too hard. 

When I stopped by their house yesterday to see the new baby, Jachin ran and jumped into my arms and gave me a hug. It was so sweet. 



Sandbox time


Breakfast of champions


Oh little boys



Hitting the road

Baby and Mama selfie


Emotions were running high


Pirate Heaven


Sleeping baby





The last breakfast








Comments