Friday Part 2

Before I get way too far behind I better post this. I can't believe it's been two weeks already.

Anyways, we came home from skiing to a giant mess. We had even rented a movie and grabbed food on the way home for the evening. But needless to say, the movie was never watched and Lincoln ate all the fries.

When we first came into the house we heard a crazy noise coming from downstairs. Our poor furnace was on and still trying to run and heat the house while under two feet of water. We frantically called our friends to come and help us.. I mean, who do you call when your basement is underwater? 911? I had no idea!

It was very scary. Micah downstairs frantically trying to get the water shut off. I'm frantically searching through the phone book (thank goodness I didn't throw that away), Lincoln sitting on the top of the stairs yelling "Dada! You need help??"

We were so very thankful for friends who came over at a moments notice to help, that the cleaners were available to come over at 8:30 on a Friday night to remove the water and that a construction crew was able to show up on Saturday morning and rip out all the soggy walls and flooring.

It's just still so crazy that this happened. Lincoln and I are literally here at home everyday, almost all day. And the one day this happens, we're gone. I guess it was just meant to be.

Enjoy some pics from the flood.


Even though most things were put away basically everything was floating everywhere.


The guys bravely splashing around in freezing cold water saving things.


All of these photos were taken after quite a bit of water had already drained out. See Micah's shirts. This will make me think twice about leaving clothes on the floor.


More carnage. 


Very lucky none of the mattresses were ruined.



Diapers. Diapers everywhere. They did their part in soaking up the water.




More help came on Saturday morning. 


Our valiant helpers. Soo thankful for everyone who helped!


This was one of the precious things I'm so thankful is ok. ; )


Oh, that's nothing. Just basically like all the printed pieces I've ever designed.


Frozen mangled shoes anyone?

Comments

  1. Oh my! That was kind of terrible. I just hope that the kids didn't get too frightened. I'm at least glad that you had friends who came over in such short notice to help you out with that issue. Anyway, was the furnace damaged by the flood? You should probably get it checked, among other things that got flooded. Thanks for sharing that, Kristina! All the best to your family!

    Brett Rogers @ Flame Furnace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment