Element of Freedom


Well I'm doing this. Blogging. A little nervous about sticking my neck out there. But after thinking about it and being inspired by other friends blogs who have been such an encouragement to me, I decided to get rich or die trying. (Ok, so that 50 Cent reference was a little extreme, but you get the point.) 

The main reason for starting this was it seemed like the most practical way to keep track of all our family memories. I used to keep a journal (technically I still do, if you count writing in it once a year) and have literally hundreds and hundreds of pages of my high school feelings and emotions (yikes!) written down on paper. But with me being on a computer so much, this just seems so much easier.. and searchable! Am I the only one who gets frustrated with no copy and paste and control Z in everyday life?

Being in the communications field, somehow makes me a little more unsure about this. I usually never have to write my own stuff, I just make it look good. I have no editor or proof reader coming up behind me to fix my mistakes. So I apologize in advance for the grammatical errors. So, if you choose to read any of this, just pretend that we're the oldest and dearest friends, as opposed to what we actually are, people who don't know each other's names…and met in a chat room where we both claimed we'd never been before. What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer, I wait impatiently as it connects, I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: “You've got mail.” I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you. (Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in a quote from my favorite movie, get used to that.)

Enjoy the ride. And some recent Lincoln photos just for fun.


Piano Man



Band Practice



Play Time

Comments