Being Ready

You'll never guess where Lincoln is right now. He's in his big boy toddler bed. We moved it downstairs to his bedroom with the plan of moving him into it in the next few days. But we thought it would be a gradual move. But not for Lincoln. He was ready. I asked him several times tonight where he wanted to sleep and every time it was a resounding "That one!" pointing to his new bed. We didn't think it would be a good idea to move him in there so soon. Shouldn't he at least sleep with the bed in his room for a night to get used to it or something? When I put him in his crib tonight he started to fuss right away. "Sleep that one!" he said. And it hit me, that it wasn't Lincoln that wasn't ready, it was me. My little sweet boy is growing up.

This is the first night that he isn't sleeping in his crib. And I'm feeling a little sentimental. I have a feeling that this might be a trend in raising this boy. And is a lesson in parenting for me. We just have to teach him and raise him the best we can and when he's ready to do something brave, like sleep in a bed without the safety of the crib rails we just have to let him.. And pray he doesn't fall out.

Good night my brave boy.

Comments