Holy Cats

I have something. And I'm pretty nervous to put it out there.

I am NOT this kind of person. I'm embarrassed to tell my parents. I'm ashamed to tell my siblings. I'm about to do something that has never been done, by anyone in my immediate family.

I don't know what's come over me. But I really, really want a cat. I can't believe I'm saying it.

It's past the "wanting" point. We're actually doing something about it. We are getting a kitten.

Ok, it's worse. We're getting two kittens.

But I'm telling you, you go to that barn. My kids are so cute with them. And I don't like cats. I've lost my mind. And I must apologize for all the bad things I've thought about cats and the people that have them. I hope I'm not making the worst decision of my life.





Before you brush me off and think I'm a fool (which I would have done a few months ago) please know that however foolish this decision may be, I've done a boatload of research. See here: Everything You Need to Know About Raising Your First Cat.

First off, apparently, two is easier than one: Ten Reasons Why Two Kitties are Better than One. I'm hoping they'll be less needy and less trouble if they have a friend to play with. Plus, they're siblings from the same litter, so they've been together their whole 6ish weeks of life.

Next, as my bff nicely put it: "Oh no!!! Do you really want to scoop cat poop out of a litter box??? Gross!" And to that I say (only a true friend would be that honest ;) ) I deal with poop alllllll the time. Just yesterday I wiped seven, SEVEN poopy bottoms. It's gross, yes. But scooping poop with a little scoop every week doesn't sound too bad compared to what I deal with.

So yeah, I know this could potentially be terrible, poop, hair, scratching, etc. So many cons on this list. If you've got cat horror stories, save it. It's too late, we've already committed. Leave me happy in my slight ignorance. Here I am diving, no, belly flopping into the deep end. With a big smile on my face and cheers from my husband and children. This is happening.



Comments

  1. I'm tearing up! I have always felt a little sorry for your family in that you've never bonded with pets. I've never had a cat but the unconditional love from Zoe is something I can't imagine living without. They are cute kittensand I'm sure they will steal all of your hearts . I'm proud of you. Cheers to your additions to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes. Shockingly enough my mom and brothers were quite happy and excited when I told them. I can't believe it! Lol And also funny that your sister is the hardcore one trying to talk me out of it!

      Delete

Post a Comment