You're So Vain

What do you turn on when you're all by yourself? Well, when I've already watched the Bachelorette for the week I turn on Househunters International. It's one of the few shows, ah now that I think about it, one of the few shows along with Say Yes to the Dress, that I can just watch and enjoy. I'm so tempted to watch some sort of home improvement show like Fixer Upper or something, but to be honest, I can't watch them without getting jealous and discontent with my little place. So no to that.

Househunters International, I love seeing other countries and seeing people live in new countries and cultures. So interesting. And it gives me no negative feelings, so that's a big plus. Also, Say Yes to the Dress, I should turn that on next. Wedding dresses are my thing. I loooooovve them. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I have wedding magazines from 1992. I WAS FIVE and collecting wedding magazines. Well, my sister-in-law is now engaged and is coming to town tomorrow to go dress shopping and I get to go with!!!!!!! So yeah, I better watch a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, you know, just to prepare. It's like watching game film.

Anyways, sorry if you were expecting an interesting post, opposed to just my random likes and dislikes. But I'll continue. I have been super into cooking lately. And I really wonder why. I have no idea. Here's some of my favorites so far:





Even Sweet Lou is getting in on the action and had her first bites of baby cereal.
This recipe rocked my world. Lynnea, you've got to try this. It was just like what you always get at Carrabbas.


Another thing that I've been into... posting stuff on facebook. Literally, I've got like three or four things that are on hold in my mind, that I just need to like save for another day. I have just wanted to post everything. My clothes, my hair, my kids, my food, my thoughts and feelings I want to post it all. BUT I have not. Self-control. Self-control. Again, I usually don't want to do this. Why now? I have no idea. Isn't it just super random the stuff you can get into sometimes? Oh well, but I can hear you thanking me. Yes, I deserve a digital pat on the back for not filling up your facebook wall with meaningless chatter. I don't want to be one of those people. And then, I would be the biggest hypocrit because I ain't to proud to admit I've blocked a friend or two for oversharing (or over selling - don't get me started on that).

Here's a few of my favorite things I've seen on the internet this week:

The Stay at Home Mom Conspiracy 

My Submissive Wife Experiment

This green bean recipe. Read the whole thing. It just spoke to me. And I thought she was lying. I don't like green beans and for sure my kids probably won't eat them but who am I to doubt the Pioneer Woman. She was telling the truth. I loved them and so did my boys. I even took a picture to prove it, in case you had your doubts.


Oh one more things. I may have not made this clear, but I did in fact get two haircuts. The first one just wasn't good enough. I needed it shorter. My hair was just too long. And I'm sorry to say, but I am a shedding machine. I'm picking it off of everything. I see my little boys running around playing. And there's three of my long hairs on the back of their shirts. So yeah, I got more chopped off and I love it. I can pick up Louisa without my hair being in her face, I can nurse her without having to put my hair up in a ponytail every time. Oh the luxury. I don't know if this will necessarily stop my shedding problem, but it will at least cut it down three to four inches.

And there you have it. Seven minutes of your life that you will never get back.





Oh yeah, I also made a homemade pizza this week. WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME?!





Comments

  1. Love your hair and the pizza looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair and the pizza looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment