And a Leaky Ceiling

After all we've been through with this house lately.. imagine our feelings when the dinning room ceiling started to drip. After some investigation we discovered that it was our one and only toilet upstairs, leaking into the dinning room, which remember, is also my bedroom. We had our contractor look at it and he wasn't too worried, thought it was a bad wax ring, and recommend we have the plumber look at it when he came in to fix the rest of the basement. Well the drip got worse. And we didn't know when the plumber was coming back...

So we did what any other 27 year-olds would do. And Googled it. After watching a few YouTube videos and a trip to Ace Hardware we took apart our toilet and replaced it. Leaky ceiling fixed! This may seem simple to you. But I am so proud of Micah for doing this all himself. We've either lived with our parents or in apartments where we've never had to fix anything like this before. So I feel like this was a pretty big moment. So much so, that every time I look at the little water stain on our ceiling I feel proud. And I don't want to paint over it. But I know we should clean it up. So this photo will have to do.


Comments